Heart Recovery is Possible With Impella
In a randomized controlled trial, 8-in-10 patients treated with Impella heart pumps experienced reduction in heart failure symptoms or improvement in heart function.2,8 Their native heart function recovered, and heart failure symptoms diminished, such as fatigue, shortness of breath, swelling, and coughing,1,2 in just 90 days after a Protected PCI procedure as compared to other forms of treatment.2
Impella is the only U.S. FDA-approved percutaneous heart pump technology indicated for patients with severe coronary artery disease requiring high-risk PCI
Patients Share Their Stories of Heart Recovery
"I really feel 10 years younger!"
Mattie Warren, 77
"I have never felt better!"
Mary Hanel, 83
- Dangas, G.D., et al. (2014). Am J Cardiol, 113(2), 222-228.
- O’Neill, W.W., et al. (2012). Circulation, 126(14), 1717-1727.
- Gregory, D., et al. (2013). Am Health Drug Benefits, 6(2), 88-99.
- Maini, B., et al. (2014). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, 83(6), E183-E192.
- Gregory, D., et al. (2013). J Manag Care Med, 16(1), 61-69.
- O’Neill, W.W., et al. (2014). J Interviev Cardiol, 27(1), 1-11.
- Roos, J.B., et al. (2013). J Med Econ, 16(3), 3381-390.
- PROTECT II Data on File