Protected PCI with Impella may be an option for you.
Not a candidate
for heart surgery?
Are you a Physician?
Impella is the only FDA-approved, non-surgical heart pump proven safe and effective to temporarily assist the pumping function of the heart during stent placement and ensure blood flow is maintained to critical organs. This procedure, known as a Protected PCI, reduces the risk of complications, decreases repeat heart procedures and improves quality of life.
- Dangas GD, Kini AS, Sharma SK, et al. Am J Cardiol. 2014;113(2):222-228. 2. Becher, T, Eder, F, Baumann, S, et al. Medicine.
- After a Protected PCI with Impella. Protect II. Data on file at Abiomed.
- O’Neill et al. Circulation 2012 Oct 2:126(14);1717-27.
- O’Neill et al, Journal of American College of Cardiology, USPella, 2013.
- Maini et al. Journal of Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, 2014.
- Rooset et al. Journal of Medical Economics, 2013.
- Gregory et al. Am Health Drug Benefits. 2013;6(2):88-99.