Heart Recovery is Possible With Impella
In a randomized controlled trial, 8-in-10 patients treated with Impella heart pumps experienced reduction in heart failure symptoms or improvement in heart function.2,8 Their native heart function recovered, and heart failure symptoms diminished, such as fatigue, shortness of breath, swelling, and coughing,1,2 in just 90 days after a Protected PCI procedure as compared to other forms of treatment.2
Impella is the only U.S. FDA-approved percutaneous heart pump technology indicated for patients with severe coronary artery disease requiring high-risk PCI
Patients Share Their Stories of Heart Recovery
Manh Nguyen Resumes His Passion for Table Tennis Following a Protected PCI Procedure
Manh returned home from the hospital and his ejection fraction improved to 40% within a few months of his procedure.
Navy Veteran Enjoying the Outdoors Following Protected PCI with Impella
Today, Walter enjoys repairing small engines, working on his lawn and enjoying time with his wife, Rita.
Protected PCI Care for Patient Caregiver
Following her Protected PCI Procedure, Mattie Warren felt an immediate improvement in her health.
- Dangas, G.D., et al. (2014). Am J Cardiol, 113(2), 222-228.
- O’Neill, W.W., et al. (2012). Circulation, 126(14), 1717-1727.
- Gregory, D., et al. (2013). Am Health Drug Benefits, 6(2), 88-99.
- Maini, B., et al. (2014). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, 83(6), E183-E192.
- Gregory, D., et al. (2013). J Manag Care Med, 16(1), 61-69.
- O’Neill, W.W., et al. (2014). J Interv Cardiol, 27(1), 1-11.
- Roos, J.B., et al. (2013). J Med Econ, 16(3), 3381-390.
- PROTECT II Data on File