Would you benefit from Protected PCI?
You might be a good candidate for Protected PCI if you have
The Impella® is not right for everyone. Click here for potential PCI risks.
severe coronary artery disease and:
- Your cardiologist has told you that angioplasty or stent placement is risky
- Your cardiologist has told you there’s nothing more they can do to address your symptoms
- Your surgeon has told you that you are not a candidate for surgery due to your risk factors
- You have other health concerns like diabetes, kidney disease, or obesity
Impella® makes Protected PCI possible
What is Protected PCI?
Protected PCI involves a minimally-invasive procedure plus support of your blood pressure, like that from the Impella® heart pump.
The Impella® heart pump has been proven to be safe and effective to prevent episodes of unstable heart function, including unstable blood pressure and poor circulation, in patients who are high risk for its occurrence.
[ FACTS ]
Over 60,000 patients in the U.S. have been supported by Impella®
Physicians have been using Impella since 2008
- O’Neill WW, Kleiman NS, Moses J, et al. Circulation. 2012 Oct 2;126(14):1717-27
- Maini B, Gregory D, Scotti DJ, et al. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2014 May 1;83(6):E183-92.
- Gregory D, Scotti DJ. J Manag Care Med. 2013:16(1):61-9.
- Gregory D, Scotti DJ, de Lissovoy G, et al. Am Health Drug Benefits. 2013 Mar-Apr;6(2):88-99.
- Dangas GD, Kini AS, Sharma SK, et al. Am J Cardiol. 2014;113(2):222-228.